Turn Up! | Do not edit or remove logo.
contains ample exuberance & grandeur view responsibly
It really annoys me how some people make posts like:
“Stop calling idols ‘oppa’ and ‘unni’ and randomly inserting Korean words into sentences- my culture isn’t a fashion or a trend, my culture isn’t just idols, you know nothing about Koreans so don’t use our words. Stop wearing ulzzang make-up and trying to look like us. That is disrespectful blah blah blah.”
This really annoys me because these people have nothing to say about:
-K-pop songs that randomly insert English like ‘yo’, ‘baby’ and ‘wassup’
-When idols go around wearing hip-hop styled clothes, heavy chains and start rapping
-The cultural appropriation in k-pop videos. E.g. appropriation of Native American culture in T-Ara’s ‘Yayaya’.
-And sometimes even the use of the n-word by idols.
People have some serious double-standards that they really need to take a look at.
If the purpose of this post was to defend people who use “oppa” and “unni” when Koreans ask them not to (because those Koreans aren’t speaking out against idol’s appropriating other cultures), you’re being completely ridiculous.
For now, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.
- Other people’s cultures do not exist for white people to seek their spiritual enlightenment
- No one owes you an education, and initiation, or a history lesson simply because ‘you want’
- No one has to include you in things because ‘you want’
- No one has to hold their tongue, sweeten their words, or chop up sentences to make white people feel better about history- colonization, slavery, genocide, ect.
- No one should be ‘grateful’ to you for your interest in said culture
- Say nigga
- Be a part of the natural hair movement.
3. Tell my black ass what I should and should not be offended about.
4. Jump in on every tumblr post made for black people and say all people. Nobody was talking to you. Stay in your socks and sandals lane.
tablo: *posts on twitter* man i just ate this great sandwich
zico: *favs and rts* HAHA I EAT SANDWICHES ALL THE TIME LOVE THEM SANDWICHES MAN IM GONNA EAT A SANDWICH TOMORROW… TOMORROW LIKE UR FIRST TRACK OFF FEVERS END PART 2. LUV THAT ALBUM. GREAT ALBUM HYUNG. LOVE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY.